Friday, January 20, 2017

Storybook Favorites

Image result for India

Indian Subcontinent with Indian Flag (Wikipedia Commons)

Nakshatras of the Trinity

I've always known about Nakshatras and their function in Hindu/Indian culture. However, I found this topic interesting because it was exploring the Nakshatras of the three main Hindu Gods. The introduction definitely caught my attention and compelled me to read the stories, but I was surprised to find that it was about romances of the Trinity. However, I was interested to read how the author discussed the Nakshatras with the romances of the Trinity. I thought the page format was good and easy to follow as I read through the storybook. I liked how simple the pages were and the use of pictures in between text. I may incorporate those aspects to my blog.

India Travel Diary

I have always wanted to travel around India and that is why I decided to read this storybook. The introduction was interesting because the author talked about their travels through religiously significant places in Hindu culture in India. The layout of the introduction was quite simple and did not have an impact while I was reading through the pages. However, personally, I will likely add some more color to my blog and will probably not use things from these pages on my blog.

Food & Culture: An Indian Scrapbook

I grew up around Indian food and culture and that is what drew me to this storybook. I really liked how the introduction not only introduced the inspiration behind the author's reason for the blog but also how they planned to use it. I also really liked the layout of the page and the use of the picture at the top so that the readers are able to directly know what the blog is about. Personally, I like the idea of big pictures and I think I will incorporate those into my blog as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment