Sunday, January 29, 2017

Feedback Thoughts

Image result for feedback
Feedback (Flickr)


"Separate the idea from the person"

That's a quote that I have heard pretty frequently over the last semester and one that I think is very important to know when giving or receiving feedback. When reading all four of the readings (Silence the Critical Voices in Your Head, 5 Tips for Receiving Feedback Like a Champ, 7 Key Characteristics of Better Learning Feedback, The Difference Between Praise That Promotes Narcissism vs. Healthy Self-Esteem), I thought that was the underlying theme as they touched on mindfulness, "state" vs. "trait", listening to positive feedback as much as negative feedback, being goal-referenced, and health self-esteem. Personally, I love feedback because it provides room for growth while understanding positive attributes. Like what was said in the "Silence the Critical Voices in Your Head" article, I think it is important to receive positive feedback as much as negative feedback. Building on your strengths is vital to be able to work on weaknesses. In that way, I know that when I give feedback, I like to get straight to the point because it is not usually that helpful to beat around the bush. 

No comments:

Post a Comment