Tuesday, January 17, 2017

My Favorite Place: Oxford, England

In the Summer of 2014, I had the opportunity to study abroad in Oxford, England through the Honors at Oxford Program at OU. Without a doubt, this was one of the most incredible experiences of my college career...so far. Not only did I get to live in Oxford for about a month, but I made some lifelong friends, took a course on archaeology (taught by one of the greatest professors at one of the oldest and most renowned archaeological facilities), and I was able to immerse myself in European culture. One of the most amazing parts of the trip was the architecture around the entire city. For example, below is the Radcliffe Camera which is located in front of Brasenose College (also pictured below) and one of the landmarks of Oxford. 
Image result for oxford england
Radcliffe Camera. Source: (Wikipedia)
Image result for brasenose college
Brasenose College, Old Quad. Source: (Wikipedia)
Although I only stayed in Oxford for a few weeks, it is a city that I called home. I learned how to navigate the streets, the best food places, and the quirks that made it the city that it is. I hope that I will be able to go back one day, maybe for a longer period of time as a full-time student. But, until then, I'll reminisce on my Oxford days.  

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Oxford! That is so impressive! I can tell just by this post that you truly enjoyed your experience and time there. I agree with you that the architecture is magnificent. Old buildings like the one you showed are so fascinating. Have you been able to study abroad anywhere else? If so, that is awesome! Study abroad seems like such a great program.

    I hope you get to go back to Oxford sometime and stay longer than a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I am so jealous of you! I love this post and the pictures that you added. Oxford is truly beautiful and I hope I get a chance to visit one day. I also love that you said you got to make life-long friends through this experience, because that is very amazing. I hope that you are able to visit again soon!

    ReplyDelete