Sunday, April 30, 2017

Class Improvements

After reading the future planning page, I honestly really liked the review weeks to planning weeks and the thematic reading unit options. I began the semester thinking that I would be able to work a lot on my page and storybook throughout the week and ended up dedicating more time on Sundays and Mondays. This way, I was able to hit both the tail end of the previous week and the beginning of the next week. However, that is something that I realized as I progressed through the semester. So, I think that having a planning week would have been helpful in order to create my own deadlines for the future. Creating both a time management schedule and having a planning week would be a great option for some students. I think that the current set up of the class is great and it worked well for me but I could definitely see other students benefiting from a planning week. The other idea I liked on the planning page was the thematic unit option. When we had to start the free reading option, I know I spent a lot of time just trying to figure out what to read. Although there were many categories to choose from, I think it would have been neat to have had some themes in order to focus my options. It also allows for students to explore readings that they would not have previously thought of. Overall, however, I liked the way this class was set up and I'm so glad that I took it!

No comments:

Post a Comment