Sunday, April 9, 2017

Wikipedia Trails: Beauty and the Beast to Christ Church College

Image result for beauty and the beast

I noticed a story about Beauty and the Beast on the Twitter page for this class the other day knew that I would end up doing a Wikipedia Trails post over it. I started off my trail with Beauty and the Beast and ended with Christ Church College in Oxford, England, essentially encompassing my love for Disney, reading, Harry Potter, and travelling. When the live-action Beauty and the Beast released in theatres a couple weeks ago, I most definitely watched it twice in the first week. There's just something about watching one of your favorite Disney movies transform from a cartoon to real people that made the movie so amazing. But, what made it even better was seeing Emma Watson as Belle because I also grew up reading and watching Harry Potter. So, obviously enough, my trail led me to read a bit about Emma Watson. Without a doubt, Emma Watson is one of my most favorite actresses: she is a strong advocate for women's rights around the world and is honestly a phenomenal actress. The next link took me to the Harry Potter Wikipedia page where I read a little general information about the movie series. But, the real point of interest on this page was the set design. It was interesting to read about the inspiration behind many of the sets for the Harry Potter movies. Specifically, it was neat to read about Christ Church College because I had the opportunity to visit it when I studied abroad. I could honestly keep going but then this post would be really long, so, once again, I will stop here. 

1 comment:

  1. I've been a little leery of all the live-action remakes Disney's got planned for its animated classics, but I definitely do want to see Beauty and the Beast--if only for Hermoine's sake, haha. So it was great to hear that the movie worked for you, and it makes me feel more confident about it. The Harry Potter set design sounds fascinating to read about, too; I'm going to have to follow that link and check it out. Like you, I got the chance to visit the Christ Church College through a study-abroad program last summer, and seeing the inspiration for the Great Hall was insanely amazing. Fun post!

    ReplyDelete