Monday, April 24, 2017

Reading Notes: Hanuman to the Rescue

Image result for hanuman

I don't know if I have actually ever mentioned this but Hanuman is probably one of my most favorite of the Hindu Gods. He personifies a kind and giving nature, but there is just that subtle hint of mischievousness about him. I think that the cover of this comic book even helps to explain that mischievous side of him because of his facial expression. I think that this comic also does a great job of describing Hanuman since he goes to find Vishalya Karani herb for Lakshmana because he cares about Rama and Lakshmana immensely. Since he does not have time to actually go looking for the herb, he ends up picking up the entire mountain. Later on, since Surya is under the control of Ravana and has to speed up the day, Hanuman literally steals the sun so that the day doesn't end. I've heard this story many times and every time I am amused. The last additional reading is by far one of my favorite stories of all time because it is something that I would have probably imagined as a child. Mangoes are my favorite fruit and I could probably eat mangoes forever. Hanuman mistakenly eats the sun thinking its a mango and creates utter chaos on earth. I absolutely love reading Hanuman stories and enjoy that they often have morals of kindness, humour, and courage.

Bibliography: Amar Chitra Katha, Hanuman to the Rescue

No comments:

Post a Comment