Monday, February 20, 2017

Reading Notes: Mahabaratha, Part C


Image result for spy


I think the part of the Mahabaratha when the Pandavas have to be in hiding for a year is the most difficult part of the exile. While it is somewhat easy to go to another city or the forest and live life elsewhere, it is more difficult to live in hiding in the same city that you are from. If the Pandavas were discovered, they would have had to restart their entire exile from the beginning. I think if I were to create a story from this reading, I would make one in which someone has to live in hiding in the city that they are from; maybe a spy. However, I would make it to where the spy takes down a super-evil organization from the inside. This would be similar to how the Pandavas work for King Virata's kingdom during their year of hiding.

Bibliography: R.K Narayan, MahabarataReading Notes

1 comment:

  1. I didn’t consider what would be the hardest part about the exile, but I must agree with you. Hiding in the public eye without being discovered for the entire year would be more difficult than living in the forest and dealing with the different problems that arose during those years. It especially would be more stressful to know if you were caught, the full term of the exile begins again.

    ReplyDelete