Friday, February 17, 2017

Reading Notes: Mahabaratha, Part A

Image result for pandavas
Pandavas (Wikipedia Commons)

I grew up learning about the Mahabaratha and its various tales. For this set of reading, I decided to read the RK Narayan version of the Mahabaratha. However, I quickly realized that there was a lot to the backstory that I did not know much about prior to the birth of the Pandavas and Kauravas. From reading this part, however, I think it would be interesting to write a story based off of a bystander looking onto the lives of the various members of the family. Without knowing exactly who the characters are, it can get a little confusing to understand both the major characters and even the lineage in the story. In that way, I think it would be interesting to write a story based on another person's perspective looking into the family. I think it would be especially interesting to have a story about Drona training both the Pandavas and the Kauravas or the Pandavas escaping from the fire.

Bibliography: R.K Narayan, Mahabarata, Reading Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment